Position in Charity: Executive Director
Occupation: Registered Nurse, Nursing Professor
Education: BScN, MN
Member of the Secular Franciscan Order
Position in Charity: Chair of the Board, Spiritual Director
Occupation: Franciscan Priest, OFM
Education: Masters of Divinity, Licentiate and Doctorate in Theology
Position in Charity: Director, Treasurer
Occupation: Retired Toronto Police Officer
Position in Charity: Director, Secretary
Occupation: Retired Physiotherapist
Education: Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Position in Charity: Director, Youth
Occupation: University Student
Position in Charity: Director,
Occupation: Retired Toronto Firefighter, Missionary in Haiti
1. The priority of SCM is to communicate the love of God to the poorest of the poor.
2. Working predominantly through the local Catholic dioceses in conjunction with Catholic priests,
religious and laity – we will assist neglected and abused children and their families – especially
3. We will provide the means to assist predominantly Catholic priests, religious and laity to develop
individualized programs that meet the specific needs of children, their families and women at risk.
4. We will advocate for basic needs, counseling, education, health care and spiritual care to meet the
psychosocial, spiritual and physical needs of the person. We will assist any person regardless of
cultural background, religion or race.
5. We strive to be Christ-like in affirming their human dignity by helping them develop their faith.
6. We affirm the human dignity of every individual made in the image and likeness of God – therefore
we will support programs that promote Catholic social teaching.
7. We will promote culturally sensitive programs that teach the Catholic position on life issues.
Silent Children’s Mission is to relieve the suffering and neglect of those who do not have a voice – especially women, children and their families.
The goal is to let the poorest of the poor know someone cares - that God has not forgotten them but loves them.
Through various means we provide basic needs, education, healthcare, spiritual care and counseling so they can live a life of dignity and have the opportunity to develop their soul.
Father in heaven, open our hearts to hear the distressing cry of your silent children in the world. Let us be lovingly attentive to their needs so that we might care for their souls.
In the name of your son Jesus we offer all we are for your sake, everything we do is for you. Jesus, you embraced poverty; show us how to satiate the thirst of your suffering ones.
Send Your Holy Spirit to fill us with your sanctifying grace that we may be united as one family.
O loving Mary our Mother, watch over your most vulnerable children and guide us. We ask a special blessing on those who share this work.
St. Mother Teresa - pray for us
Blessing the children at the Poor Clares Mission in Lusaka, Zambia